Thanks for your interest in serving at the Urban Vision Christmas with Dignity Store. Praise God – we have all the volunteers we need. If you’d like to be placed on the waiting list in the event we need more volunteers, please send an email to Regina Lewis, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase an item from the Christmas Needs Wish List.
Details for the big day – Saturday, December 15th!
- Event – Saturday, December 15th 7:15am-12:00pm – be a shopper guide (must be 16 years or older) or a store clerk (must be 18 years or older)
- Parking/Shuttling: Please park at Findley Community Learning Center (65 W. Tallmadge Ave). Please do not park at Urban Vision – we save those spots for the community. We will shuttle you from Findley to UV from 7:10am-7:35am.
- Volunteer Meeting: All volunteers must attend the volunteer meeting at 7:45am so please arrive no later than 7:30am at Findley.
- Leaving: Please plan on staying until 12pm to help clean. If we all pitch in after the store, it goes very fast. 🙂 Shuttling back to Findley will begin once cleanup is done.
- Breakfast: A light breakfast will be provided from 7:15-7:45am.
- Belongings: We will provide a monitored room to store your belongings, but we recommend not bringing anything you are especially concerned about.
- High Schoolers: If you are a parent or a group leader bringing high schoolers, please take a moment to discuss who UV is, expectations, etc. before the store. This really helps boost the enjoyment for everyone involved! If you would like assistance with this, we would be glad to help. There is a limited number of spots for high school students.
- Children: Volunteers must be 16 years or older. Parents, please do not bring younger children along.
- Group Leaders: If you are a group leader, please ensure that your group is aware of these details.