Help offer children a hand up, rather than a handout, as they spend the “dollars” they’ve earned on Christmas gifts for their family!
Whether you want to help behind the scenes or serve at the event and whether you are a first-time volunteer or have been volunteering for years, the Christmas with Dignity Store is an inspiring celebration!
To volunteer or donate items, email email@example.com or call (330) 762-1163. For more details, visit www.urbanvisionministry.org.
- Setup – Tuesday, December 12th 6:00-8:30pm – clean and setup rooms – all ages welcome – 15 volunteers needed
- Setup – Wednesday, December 13th 6:00-8:30pm – move and display donations – all ages welcome – 50 volunteers needed**This night involves lots of stairs** If you are involved with a youth group this would be a great night to get them involved.
- Setup – Thursday, December 14th 1:00-3:30pm – sort additional items & other odds and ends – all ages welcome – 15 volunteers needed
- Setup – Thursday December 14th 6:00-8:30pm – price donations – must be 18 and older – 45 volunteers needed
- Event – Saturday, December 16th 7:15am-12:00pm – be a shopper guide (must be 16 years or older) or a store clerk (must be 18 years or older) – 200 volunteers needed
- Parking/Shuttling: Please park at Findley Community Learning Center (65 W. Tallmadge Ave). Please do not park at Urban Vision – we save those spots for the community. We will shuttle you from Findley to UV from 7:10am-7:35am.
- Volunteer Meeting: All volunteers must attend the volunteer meeting at 7:45am so please arrive no later than 7:30am at Findley.
- Leaving: Please plan on staying until 12pm to help clean. If we all pitch in after the store, it goes very fast 🙂 Shuttling back to Findley will begin once cleanup is done.
- Volunteer Assignments: Roles are chosen on a first come, first serve basis so come early to have your choice!
- Breakfast: A light breakfast will be provided from 7:15-7:45am.
- Belongings: We will provide a monitored room to store your belongings, but we recommend not bringing anything you are especially concerned about.
- High Schoolers: If you are a parent or a group leader bringing high schoolers, please take a moment to discuss who UV is, expectations, etc. before the store. This really helps boost the enjoyment for everyone involved! If you would like assistance with this, we would be glad to help. There is a limited number of spots for high school students.
- Children: Volunteers must be 16 years or older. Parents, please do not bring younger children along.
- Group Leaders: If you are a group leader, please ensure that your group is aware of these details.
- Cleanup – Monday, December 18th 10am-12pm – sort participant envelopes & clean the building – all ages welcome – 15 volunteers needed
Sign up today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the names, ages, and email addresses of everyone in your group. You may also call (330) 762-1163.
Click here for our Wish List.
You can purchase gifts from our wish list, or you can purchase similar items. Just let us know so we can keep track. Thanks!
- Please let us know in advance which items you plan on donating
- Please drop off donations at Urban Vision (749 Blaine Ave.) by Monday, December 4, 2017.
- Please drop off donations at Urban Vision between the hours of 9am and 5pm. If these times do not work for you, please email email@example.com.
- All items not sold at the store will be used for the online and Christmas store
- Donations should be new and unwrapped