What's New with Urban Vision?
God has truly grown Urban Vision's reach this year. We are currently serving 559 participants, more than ever before!
We have launched the 559 Challenge, asking for your help in sponsoring all 559 participants. Each Urban Vision participant represents $67/month or $814/year in cost to provide a safe learning enviornment to grow community leaders. We believe that God will provide for all 559 lives He has placed in our ministry.
We are asking for your help in providing for every life God has placed here at Urban Vision. Your support is incredibly important in our efforts to live out God's vision for Urban Vision in North Hill: "To give North Hill students & their families a vision for themselves & their community through Christ-centered programs & relationships, focused on building dignity, unity in diversity and empowered futures."
As of 12.17.14 we are at 250 Students Sponsored!
Christmas Store News
The Christmas store is just around the corner. We are making lists and checking them twice. We're going to find out who has been saving their hard earned dollars or not. Because the Urban Vision Christmas Store is coming to North Hill. We see them when they are playing, we know how they are doing in school, we know how they've been spiritually growing, so come volunteer for goodness sake. Almost sounds like a Christmas song.
For those of you early shoppers, we want to let you know how you can give back to Urban Vision while doing your Christmas shopping. We have signed up for Amazon Smile. Amazon Smile will give a percentage of purchases made through Amazon Smile to a charity of your choice (Urban Vision).
Yes this news gets better. We have also created a wishlist on Amazon for the Christmas Store with Dignity. You can pick something up for the store and if you check out with Amazon Smile it will give a percent back to Urban Vision.
Real Hope In The City Recap
We are so grateful for Wayne coming down and spending the weekend with us at the Real Hope In The City conference.
Also a special thanks to our partners in this event South Street and The Chapel. It is a step that is paving the way for even more unity in the city of Akron.
If you missed this great event the UrbanVision Media team has copies of the main sessions with a few bonus sessions as well located on the Urban Vision Youtube channel. Below we have collected a Top Take Away list from the UrbanVision Staff.
Top Take Aways
1. The importance of a Church in the community/run by the community/that serves the community.
2. Never do anything alone. These are times for teachable moments.
3. Fear can't be the reason you do or don't do ministry.
4. Communicate your philosophy of ministry on a regular basis
5. Christ must be at the center of everything and you have to be in constant prayer.
6. As your ministry grows you must be organized to operate more efficiently.
7. It is very encouraging to come together as believers and talk about what God is doing.
8. Investment in relationship is a Major commitment it often doesn't show real progress for many years.
9. The importance of ministry partners and friends to work with and support.
10.In the end, it is all about relationships.