What's New with Urban Vision?
"The history of missions is the history of answered prayer."
~ Samuel Zwemer
As we take this month to refocus on our call as believers I am struck by the answered prayers as well as the prayers still going up. Daily we at Urban Vision have the joy of seeing lives in our community come through our doors. Sometimes we get to celebrate over, drivers licenses, good grades, family recovering, babies being born, becoming a citizen, or that they came to know Christ as their personal Savior. We also get to cry for lost loved ones, failed endeavors, domestic issues, and more. God has allowed us to be a light to our community. We thank all who support us and encourage you to talk with our staff to find out how God continues to move in our community and how you can help bridge the gap in North Hill. Pray with us this month for God's provision.
Falls Volunteer Opportunities
The Kids Need You!
The children of North Hill need you to come alongside and help them succeed educationally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Please consider investing in one of our kids by serving this fall.
to view Urban Vision's most urgent volunteer needs or here
to view needed supplies.
[WARNING] Serving at Urban Vision results in dangerous amounts of joy, laughter, and life changing moments.
Real Hope In The City Recap
We are so grateful for Wayne coming down and spending the weekend with us at the Real Hope In The City conference.
Also a special thanks to our partners in this event South Street and The Chapel. It is a step that is paving the way for even more unity in the city of Akron.
If you missed this great event the UrbanVision Media team has copies of the main sessions with a few bonus sessions as well located on the Urban Vision Youtube channel. Below we have collected a Top Take Away list from the UrbanVision Staff.
Top Take Aways
1. The importance of a Church in the community/run by the community/that serves the community.
2. Never do anything alone. These are times for teachable moments.
3. Fear can't be the reason you do or don't do ministry.
4. Communicate your philosophy of ministry on a regular basis
5. Christ must be at the center of everything and you have to be in constant prayer.
6. As your ministry grows you must be organized to operate more efficiently.
7. It is very encouraging to come together as believers and talk about what God is doing.
8. Investment in relationship is a Major commitment it often doesn't show real progress for many years.
9. The importance of ministry partners and friends to work with and support.
10.In the end, it is all about relationships.