What's New with Urban Vision?
You're Invited and encouraged to bring others!
Please join us at Urban Vision's 2014 Fundraising Banquet!
An interactive experience designed to highlight the ministries of Urban Vision, learn more about new initiatives, connect with staff and students.
This fundraiser is about impact. It's much more than a dinner. It's about participating in God's plan and joining together for the community of North Hill by sponsoring children desiring the life-changing benefits of Urban Vision's holistic programs.
Falls Volunteer Opportunities
The Kids Need You!
The children of North Hill need you to come alongside and help them succeed educationally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Please consider investing in one of our kids by serving this fall.
to view Urban Vision's most urgent volunteer needs or here
to view needed supplies.
[WARNING] Serving at Urban Vision results in dangerous amounts of joy, laughter, and life changing moments.
Summer Teen Retreat
This year as a kick off to Summer Programming we took the Discipleship Teens for a four day retreat. The retreat was a good reminder of why we are serving. The theme for the summer has been the Body of Christ. We utilized the retreat as a time to get closer to God as well as those whom we serve with. We also spent time building community through studying the Word, sports, fishing, boating, cooking, and quality time together. It was a great reminder of the function of believers. God came for all. God has empowered us with the Spirit and we should use the Body of Christ to share in the mission of taking the Gospel where God is calling you.
Real Hope In The City Recap
We are so grateful for Wayne coming down and spending the weekend with us at the Real Hope In The City conference.
Also a special thanks to our partners in this event South Street and The Chapel. It is a step that is paving the way for even more unity in the city of Akron.
If you missed this great event the UrbanVision Media team has copies of the main sessions with a few bonus sessions as well located on the Urban Vision Youtube channel. Below we have collected a Top Take Away list from the UrbanVision Staff.
Top Take Aways
1. The importance of a Church in the community/run by the community/that serves the community.
2. Never do anything alone. These are times for teachable moments.
3. Fear can't be the reason you do or don't do ministry.
4. Communicate your philosophy of ministry on a regular basis
5. Christ must be at the center of everything and you have to be in constant prayer.
6. As your ministry grows you must be organized to operate more efficiently.
7. It is very encouraging to come together as believers and talk about what God is doing.
8. Investment in relationship is a Major commitment it often doesn't show real progress for many years.
9. The importance of ministry partners and friends to work with and support.
10.In the end, it is all about relationships.