Urban Vision Mission Statement
ISAIAH 58 + PROVERBS 29:18 + PROVERBS 22:6
2. We recognize that the primary purpose of all creation is to glorify and love its Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ. The chief aim of this ministry will, therefore, be to glorify Him and teach others to do the same. John 15:8; I Peter 5:11; Psalm 86:9.
3. We recognize that the primary means of accomplishing the Lord’s work and of expanding His kingdom is the labor of prayer. This ministry will, therefore, purpose to keep prayer of the utmost importance, both individually and as a group. Colossians 4:2-3; Matthew 21:21-22.
4. We recognize the need for both the child and the family to come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ in order to grow spiritually, emotionally, and socially in the environment in which they live. Romans 10:13-15; Mark 1:14-15; II Timothy 3:15.
5. We recognize the need for a holistic approach to discipleship. We plan to do this by investing our lives in assisting the new believer to grow in the Lord Jesus Christ and encouraging them in their walk to become a mature believer. Proverbs 22:6; Deuteronomy 6:5-9; II Peter 3:18; Matthew 25:35-36.
6. We recognize the greatest commandment of all, to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and love our neighbor as ourselves, which extends to children, families, and the entire community. Matthew 22:36-39, I Corinthians 13:1-3,13; John 13:34-35.
7. We recognize the need to be both accountable and responsible in obedience to God’s will in carrying out the mission of Urban Vision. Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 2:20; John 14:21; Matthew 6:10.
8. We recognize the need to serve the local evangelical church by bridging the gap between the urban family and the church. We resolve to pray for, seek and encourage a strong partnership between the ministry of Urban Vision and an evangelical church within the North Akron community. Matthew 20:26-28; Philippians 2:5-8; Ezekiel 22:30; Isaiah 59:16; I Corinthians 12:12-26.
the North Akron Community by demonstrating the redemptive love of Jesus
Christ through Christ-centered programs focused on the needs of the
people, restoring the community one child and family at a time.
1. We recognize and assume the responsibility of the Great Commission
to go into all the world in every area and share the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. Urban Vision’s specific calling is taking this Gospel into the
North Akron Community from Elizabeth Park to
North Hill, working with the urban child and his family. Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 19:14.